Jennifer Lopez claims she worked ‘for free’ on stripper movie ‘Hustlers'


Jennifer Lopez may have been paid proverbial pennies for her role in this year’s “Hustlers” but with its huge payoff, they may as well have been pennies from heaven.
Taking a gamble on herself turned out to be a great choice for the Bronx-born bombshell who revealed that she took a major pay cut to get the blockbuster movie made.
“I do things because I love them...I didn’t get paid a whole bunch of money for ‘Hustlers,’" Lopez revealed during an interview with GQ magazine’s “Men of the Year” issue, which hits stands Tuesday.

“I did it for free and produced it,” she elaborated about the Lorene Scafaria-helmed flick, based on Jessica Pressler’s New York Magazine article about scheming New York City strippers.

“I bank on myself,” she told the magazine. “That’s the ‘Jenny From the Block.’ I do what I want, I do what I love.”


“Hustlers,” which also starred Constance Wu, Keke Palmer, Lili Reinhart, Cardi B and Lizzo, grossed close to $150 million at the box office, internationally, since its Sept. 13 release.
“As a producer, it’s super satisfying to me that people loved the movie,” she said, according to the report. “That there’s been such a great response to it, that women especially and men have loved this movie…”
The “My Love Don’t Cost A Thing” singer says fans have embraced that movie as a "movement.”
"It was just like, ‘this is our movie where we run s--t.' They know it’s all women producers, women director, women writers, all women starring in it and they kind of took ownership of that,” she said, in the report. Source: nydailynews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jennifer Lopez Isn't "Forcing" Alex Rodriguez Into Marriage

Who is Jennifer Lopez's Best Friend?

Jennifer Lopez Goes Super-Glam in Sexy Sequin Gown as She Attends an Oscars Bash